Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Yardwork!!

     Spring is so close; the butterflies are slowly returning, the flowers are starting to blossom, the leaves are coming back, and I'm preparing garden soil for planting. So close to regular nice weather. Yet, it was hot with the temperatures in the nineties in direct sun. That's too hot for this pregnant lady. My other two pregnancies completely skipped the summer weather and this baby is going to be his biggest right during the hottest temps. Whew. I'm buying a child's wading pool and ignoring all the beached whale jokes and that's where you're going to find me most afternoons.
     In the meantime, I'm in my fourth month of pregnancy and working towards five. There is no question that I'm pregnant, the belly is starting to show but with a hair tie wrapped around the snap of my capris - I'm still wearing my regular capris. That's not going to last too much longer though and it will be elastic bands and capris with stretchy material at the top. At least maternity clothes have evolved in eleven years and this baby bump will be a bit more stylish than my last ones. :)
  
    I hope my readers are enjoying their weekends. I'm including a picture I took last spring, just after the lilacs were in full bloom. My backyard is surrounded by a hedge of seven foot lilacs and for a too brief two weeks in the spring, the air smells heavenly while I'm outside gardening or playing with kids. Bean and Abu love to pick massive bouquets of the tiny flowers and the butterflies journey how ever many miles they do to enjoy the fragrant blossoms. Ahh, spring...




No comments:

Post a Comment