Friday, January 2, 2015

Baby and Puppy Strike Again

Edible Ornaments are Just Snacks Hanging from the Christmas Tree

Right before Christmas, Grandma had Abu and Blueberry over and they made ornaments with cupcake glass ornaments and sugar cones. They were beautiful!

And then they went missing.

I should have remembered that Baby Blueberry really likes to munch on sugar cones. 

Gibson goes without saying. I'm going to hang food on a Christmas tree, which by the way...he loves Christmas trees. I am bringing the outdoors inside...for him. He's sure we bring the tree in just for him. His favorite thing to do with a Christmas tree (and thank goodness it's not to pee on it) he loves to drink the water. Absolutely will drink all the water from the stand, everyday. 

No wonder my tree dried out so quickly. 

Now, of course, I know this crazy dog of mine. I was well aware that if we thought we would put food on the tree it would disappear. 

So we put the ornaments up high. 

And in a few days, this is what I found on the ground. 




Mmm, suspicious. The sugar cone did not fall off by itself.

And then a few days later...I look up to watch a very quiet Blueberry sneaking over towards the tree.

Sneaking. On tip toes. Thinking I'm not watching her. 

But I do watch her and catch her in action. 


Eating the sugar cones!





She ignores me and my camera, as if I can't see her eating the Christmas ornament. Mmm, edible Christmas ornaments. It's a brilliant idea! 

I tell her she can't eat the ornaments and she's vastly disappointed. And as I'm dragging her away from the tree, Gibson, who has now realized there is another ornament at his level, decides to finish off the cone. 





So Baby and Puppy strike again. Eating Christmas tree ornaments right from the tree. It was a delicious Christmas! 

And Gibson thinks we are just the greatest people in the whole world: we brought a pine tree in the house, we gave him pine tree flavored water (no, I did not try it- it might be the next big thing too, he could be onto something) and we put edible ornaments on the tree! 

Next year he's hoping for bones, hams, and whole chickens hanging from the branches! 
And I'm sure Baby Blueberry would help eat them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment