Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fifteen Years Later....

The Best Thing College Ever Gave Me...


    This is going to sound so fifty's housewife but I'm going to say it anyways...the best thing I got out of college was Hero Hottie.

     Hands down. Without a doubt.

     Sure, I got a whole lot of other things out of the experience.

     Biology rocked. Annoying the furniture man's son in biology lab because I was a girl and understood the material just a bit better...still makes me laugh every time I pass the furniture store.

    Hanging with friends. Learning stuff that I have never, ever used.- but don't tell my girls that.

    But meeting Hero Hottie...tops it all.

   It's our anniversary tomorrow. Fifteen years. I've spent almost my entire adult life with him.

   I didn't even know who I was. He didn't know who he was.

   After we married, we continued college. We had a little cottage house where we played house. And during lunch we would both come home and eat Ramen noodles and watch television. Or not...

   But it was fun and easy. Romantic and fairy taleish.

   Than life happened. And it wasn't easy. It wasn't fun. Not all of it. And we have had our moments of just being roommates and we have had our moments of just simply being parents.

    And we had our dark moments where we weren't on the same page. I'm not sure if we were even in the same book...

   But together...if you look at the entire story...not just chapters...we've done pretty good.

   So here's to the man who sometimes steals the covers without realizing it, who always gets me a coffee when I need it, who has encouraged me to write and write and write some more until I succeeded. (Like today, when my article, MY article was on the front page of the newspaper! Of course, my very first front page article would have to be about buffalo balls but that's the stuff good stories are made of.)

   Here's to the man who

                loves 

                                    me 

                                                for 

                                                      me.



No comments:

Post a Comment