Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lil' Sisters are So Easy to Shock (grin)

      Once upon a time I was the big sister who never did anything wrong, always had straight A's on my report cards, and never shocked my siblings. With anything. And it wasn't like I was hiding things from them, I simply was the well behaved older sister. First of all it started when I was a toddler, I didn't like getting in trouble and the thought of not being able to watch Popeye was all the incentive I needed to clean up my toys. (Too bad my children aren't so easily persuaded.) 
      Second, as a teenager, if I behaved, I had the freedom to hang out with my friends all the time. So I never did anything shocking. As an adult, before I had time to find trouble, I fell in love with hero hottie, we got married, picked out a Buddy dog one Saturday afternoon and then had kids.              
     Nothing wild or crazy until now. (Well, nothing shocking or tabloid-ish.Definitely crazy though.)
     My lil' sis, Stacey has been editing my stories for me. I have written two historical middle grade novels, and my fantasy novel, Keraynn. Obviously, the first two books are for children and the fantasy book is mild in the sexual tension department. 
      But those aren't the stories that shocked her. I wrote two historical short stories that are highly sensual and when I say sensual, I mean contains hot sex scenes. Shocking, I know. As far as my siblings view me, completely so. My brother didn't even realized I knew what sort of items were sold at adult toy websites. Really? I'm guess I'm the older but apparently not the worldly sister. 
     My lil' sis edited my short stories, (which I hope to publish with Harlequin) and was so surprised by how well I could write such shocking scenes, that she had to write a blog entry about it on her blog titled, 'Where Did My Sister Learn Those Words??'
     She writes. 'Imagine my surprise when I open the file and…. whoa. I didn’t know she knew this kind of stuff (never mind she has children, regardless, she’s my big sister! That’s like assuming your parents ever had sex. A ridiculous notion indeed.)'
    I laughed. Loudly. 
    It only took a few decades but I finally shocked my siblings. I'm sure they will recover. (grin)...Eventually. 
    Although, if my first published writing ends up being in the romance genre we'll see if they're able to tell people without blushing about it.


My lil' sis' blog can be found at   http://staceykatheryn.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment